Promote well being for all at specialized institutions.
Aging, dependency, disability ….. Sensorial and emotional stimulation through smells allow non-drug solutions contributing to :
- Soothe and reassure residents suffering from high anxiety, particularly at dawn and dusk.
- Give a soul and warm atmosphere to specific areas at care homes.
- Foster relationships, verbal or not, between residents and caregivers.
- Facilitate travel and orientation within a facility and reduce anxiety of being lost thanks to olfactory identification signals (e.g. elevator landings on each floor).
- Enhance specific spaces according to seasons, major calendar events (spatiotemporal marks – e.g. Christmas) or rooms (living room, restaurant, TV lounge, snoezelen …).
- Develop activities promoting brain stimulation and emotional memories